Monday, August 13, 2012

Umbrella Man, 3 Groins, and some monkeys

I went to the zoo today, and the colubus monkeys caught my eye. On my way back, I paused downtown to finally sketch the Umbrella Man. Seeing the two pages side by side makes me giggle. * Visité el parque zoológico hoy, y los monos colubus me agarraron la atención. Al regresar al centro de la ciudad, finalmente dibujé la estatua del hombre con el paraguas. La yuxtaposición de las dos páginas en mi libro me hace reir. 


I also took a minute to sketch "The Quest," aka "Three Groins in a Fountain." Can you tell that I like the street tree better than the statue? * También aproveché la oportunidad de dibujar la estatua "The Quest" (que tambien se conoce como "tres entrepiernas"). Es obvio que me gustaba más el árbol que la estatua, ¿no?

5 comments:

  1. I can see you have set yourself for a final push to complete the challenge....good show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be great to get them all done! We'll see if I can pull it off...

      Delete
  2. Yes, the umbrella man looks like he might be trying to get the attention of the monkeys:) Very nice lights and darks on those, btw.
    I like your solution to the 'Three Groins.' If and when I get to that, I may look for a large person to block the view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Or a #17 bus would block the view nicely, too. Great idea, Vicky!

      Delete
  3. Hey - finally a sketch of the Standard Ins. Center fountain!! I was beginning to think I was going to have to drag myself downtown and sketch it myself!

    ReplyDelete