Saturday, July 21
11:30 amOregon Rail Heritage Museum
2730 NW 31st Avenue, Portland
This sketchcrawl takes in two destinations - the Oregon Rail Heritage Museum and Oaks Amusement Park! This includes an optional ($10 round trip) ride on the Oregon Pacific Railroad, from the Oregon Rail Heritage Museum near OMSI to Oaks Amusement Park. If you prefer not to ride the train, you can drive between the two locations or join us for just one segment of the sketchcrawl.
Both the rail museum and the amusement park have free entry. We can also take in Oaks Bottom Wildlife Refuge which is immediately adjacent to Oaks Amusement Park.
Since we'll be moving around a lot, this will be a great day to work small or loose or both!
|By Tedder - Own work, CC BY 3.0|
Since the rail museum doesn't open until noon and there aren't any cafes in the area for a leisurely meetup, we will be starting a little later than usual.
See the train schedule for alternate departure/arrival times if you'd like to customize your sketching day.
|By Steve Morgan, CC BY-SA 3.0, Link|
- 11:30am: Meet in front of the Oregon Rail Heritage Museum, 2250 SE Water Avenue (see map below). We'll start by sketching this interesting area of crossing rail lines and freeways. Since we aren't starting at a cafe, please take care of your urgent food, caffeine, and bathroom needs before we meet!
- 12:00pm: The Oregon Rail Heritage Museum opens, at which point we can buy tickets for the 12:30 train
- 12:30pm: Take the train to Oaks Amusement Park (~20 minutes)
- 12:50pm: Sketching at Oaks Park
- 1:50pm: Gather for the train
- 2:00pm: Take the train back to the Oregon Rail Heritage Museum
Hope to see you there!