Friday, May 11, 2012

A Nice Day For Lounging

This past Monday was a nice day for just lounging about on the waterfront and I wasn't the only one who thought so. Bike riders, runners, walkers, lounge abouts, and just the general Portland populace was out in droves to enjoy one of the warmest days of spring. Sketchbook in hand, I lounged on the grass of the esplanade, soaking it in.
Scavenger hunt, a dog and their person. Thought about adding color to this later, but I figured I'd post this one before I go mucking it up. Dip pen (yes, I brought ink a dip pen with me) over pencil in Moleskine watercolor sketchbook.

4 comments:

  1. Nice! You definitely captured the general mood of Portland on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the contrast between the body language of the laid-back human and the dog who is so eager to go chasing squirrels. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great capture of a lounging day on the waterfront...and you are so brave to go sketching with a dip pen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great capture of a lounging day on the waterfront...and you are so brave to go sketching with a dip pen!

    ReplyDelete