Thursday, March 14, 2013

Kaua'i vacation sketching

It's been a while since I've posted anything here. I just returned from 12 days on Kauai with my family and slipped away a couple of times to do a little sketching.
7 x 10 watercolor of Hanalei Bay. I believe this is where part of the movie South Pacific was filmed. It's a surfer beach. The waves were not very big on this day but there were still quite a few surfers out there.

7 x 10 watercolor and gouache. I found a quiet dead end to sit and sketch this primordial looking mountain. Jurassic Park was also filmed on Kauai.

Mahalo, Bill


3 comments:

  1. They really do put you in that space! I feel all warm and tan.....Thanks for sharing Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Makes me want to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful,Bill.The sun looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete