Sunday, March 17, 2013

View from OHSU


One of the things I enjoy about sketching with others is seeing all of the different interpretations of the same space or scene. It expands and enriches my own understanding. This is my rendition of the same view that Kalina sketched, as we sat looking out the window. Different sketching styles, materials and sketchbook format really change-up the end results!

It felt good to re-join the group after a long hiatus, and I hope to become 'a regular' once again!

4 comments:

  1. The conifer at the side has framed the view so well and the subdued palette in the background gives a tremendous sense of distance.
    I love that several of you all did a panoramic of the view from the top....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! It was fun to see how others handled this complex scene.

      Delete
  2. This is so lovely, Janene. Clearly, you haven't lost your skills at non-botanical scenes. Hope to see you at another sketch crawl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Vicky--I hope to see you at another one too!

    ReplyDelete