Saturday, March 21, 2015

Sketching along the waterfront and old town

Thank you all for another great day of sketching! Last year's March sketchcrawl at the waterfront was the first time I joined the urban sketchers, and it's been something I look forward to every month.  

After such a rainy forecast from the day before, we did quite well for weather (though I think last night's rain removed quite a few of the cherry blossom petals). 

I tried out my new fine point Rotring Art Pen today, and I like the looseness that I get with the thicker line. Eventually I want to get some waterproof ink, but in the meantime there's plenty to explore with using a bit of water to add shading ( I was braver with this on the later sketches). 




2 comments:

  1. Meadow, I like the variety you got in your sketches. I especially like the plaza sketch with the stories happening in it and also the delicate close-up of the blossom.
    Happy USk Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete