Monday, March 9, 2015

26th Street NW Portland

Took a walk and sketched in our studio’s neighborhood, buildings I look at all the time.
I was able to sketch both of them, and it was a bit like old times, architectural sketches.
They are both shades of grey: ESCO’s is a dove grey, and Rejuvenation's is a charcoal grey.
You can see the teeny swatches of the colors they actually are, above.
Because USk is about showing our world truthfully, I am not posting what I did with these grey buildings.  I painted them in Art Deco or Modern colors, for fun, and show the Photoshopped "grey" versions on my own blog site.  I want to paint many buildings in NW a different color!

1 comment:

  1. very nice, Katie. I enjoy driving by those ladies but haven't drummed up the courage to sit and draw them. I'm glad you did.

    ReplyDelete