Monday, August 30, 2010

Spreading the word at the Portland Zine Symposium

I had a table at the Portland Zine Symposium this year, and besides my various other projects, put a stack of urban sketches at the corner of the table with some Portland Urban Sketchers cards. When folks showed interest in the drawings I talked with them about our group.

(Previously I mentioned having a "Drawing Portland" zine, but unfortunately ran out of time to finish that one. It'll come out for next year's Stumptown Comics Fest instead.)

While in general attendance at the event seemed low this year, there were several folks that seemed genuinely interested in meeting up with us to draw in the future, and many others who at least took cards. I really hope some of these new folks will take the big step of coming out that first time, it's always the hardest when you haven't met people yet.

If any of you folks are here reading this because you picked up a card at my table - thanks for visiting this website, and I hope to see you at a sketchcrawl in the near future! (I won't be at the one on 9/25. You should go anyway - the other participants are super friendly, don't worry about not knowing anyone there. But also see the calendar below for info on what some of us will be doing this Saturday. And I recommend joining the google group linked in the sidebar to the left, to get acquainted with the others & help decide where to go in the future!)

No comments:

Post a Comment