Saturday, November 11, 2017

Urban Sketchers 10th Anniversary Global Sketchcrawl

About a dozen of us gathered at the art museum (as opposed to the hundreds lining up for Wordstock) and we passed out the hashtags to use and the schedule for the day.  And took a couple of group photos, and then dispersed.



I walked straight back into the museum, wading through the book lovers, and did another sketch of the giant skeleton in the Laika exhibit, from below this time.

I'd put on a nametag, as I was officially volunteering for the sketchcrawl.  Which meant that people passing thought that I was a volunteer for the museum, or for Wordstock, and kept asking me for directions.

Also, my preferred sketching apps seems to have upgraded itself since the last time I used it.  And has a different UI.  And more brushes.  And more colors.  So many that they've given up on naming them and just give them numbers.



After that I wandered towards the farmers market.  It was drizzling, but I was able to stand in the entrance to the library and see one of the booths (doing coffee) from the back.




Then down to the Urban Center, where I stood under the shelter of a MAX stop.



Then across the river on the Hawthorne Bridge, and down to the esplanade, where I stood under a tree to do downtown.


At this point a slow-moving freight train was blocking my path to the next stop, so I climbed back up on the Hawthorne Bridge to go over it to get to the New Deal Distillery.  Here a bunch of us gathered to draw their still.



Then we straggled over the few blocks to Cartopia, the food pod at one corner of Ladd's Addition.







No comments:

Post a Comment