Monday, October 31, 2011

Cirque de Soleil tent

This tent had such as nice soft, organic form....although my drawing doesn't show any color, when I was drawing I was conscious of the contrast of the white tent against the background of the sky and freeway above. For the other drawing I swivelled 180 degrees to look toward the river front. These buildings must be old warehouses or factories...the one on the right has a great water tower on it which I wanted to include but didn't!...just poor composition planning.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting these, Deb. I really like the movement of the tent lines--very graceful. I like the composition of the 2nd one (even without the water tower) because of the repeating diagonals--the street, the water tower supports and even the fire escapes. You can't escape your excellent compositional sense.

    ReplyDelete