Tuesday, July 20, 2010

First Presbyterian Church - SW 12th & Morrison

The First Presbyterian Church has a fascinating garden situated in front of an intriguingly detailed church building. A few of us gathered there to draw on a warm but windy Wednesday evening.

I've been in need of a good go-to line drawing tool until recently, when another urban sketcher very kindly gifted me with an "extra" Lamy Safari. I'm enjoying it a lot, but am still getting used to this kind of drawing. The view below provided several visual problems to solve & was quite a learning experience. I'd do it differently next time! Colored with M. Graham watercolors and a grey Kuretake brush pen.



Brush pen is my favorite for drawing people and nature, but I've often hit a wall (ha, ha) when trying to capture buildings. Recently my faith was renewed by the urban sketching of Sketch Windsor, who uses a Pentel Pocket Brush and a Hand Book (same as mine). Therefore, I returned to brush pen for the following studies.


No comments:

Post a Comment