Monday, March 11, 2019

Not a Bridge.... Yet

The section of the Wildwood Trail that crosses Burnside is set to be closed later this month, so they can start building the piers that the bridge is going to rest on.  I decided to head up the trail one last time before that happens to get a 'before' sketch in.


This woman showed up soon after I did. She looked left, and then right, swiveling back and forth until she saw an opportunity to run to my side of the road.  At least a dozen more people made the mad dash across while I was sketching.  And sometimes drivers, bless their hearts, would stop to let the hikers cross.

1 comment:

  1. In a piece in today’s Oregonian about the new Wildwood Bridge that will be built over Burnside between March and September I noticed a comment about West Burnside being totally closed for a couple of days in late August or September. That would be a good time to add this new bridge to our sketchbooks.

    ReplyDelete