Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Seattle

Starting out with a sketchcrawl at the Olympic Sculpture Park. The Seattle urban sketchers had scheduled this session especially to join up with students from WSU. Only none of them showed up. And only a couple of urban sketchers. The rain held off for the morning, but a vicious wind came up in its place.  Those of us sketching on paper had problems with it trying to blow away.  And even I had to find spots that were sheltered from the wind.  Like the patio behind pavillion.

And then, the sound, from the ped bridge crossing the RR tracks.

Then in Seattle Center (where I'd ended up just so I could use a restroom),  I did a quicky for the few minutes that the monorail stopped in that station.

From there I walked downtown, ending up at the central library.  I rode up the escalator to the reading room at the very top, straight into a clump of sketchers.

Art students, or maybe architecture students.  Maybe even the WSU students that didn't show at the sculpture park this morning.  But they were much more skilled than me. The best I could do inside the library was a tiny bit of the grid work, with normal rectangular buildings outside.

1 comment:

  1. Can't tell who posted this.... But, so sorry you missed them. We were communicating the previous evening and that morning via the Seattle USk Google Group about the change of venue. Because of the weather prediction, they moved to the Gates Foundation and later to Seattle Center. Good sketches!

    ReplyDelete