Saturday, February 21, 2015

Recent sketch outings

Today we had another amazing turnout in the Beaumont neighborhood.  A big hearty welcome to all of you new people!  Let's not leave anybody out though - lots of love to everyone in the group, newcomers, regulars, and returning faces.

I managed to draw one thing today in a brand new sketchbook.  I learned a few things about my markers.  Like, it's better to start with the light colors.



In the past month or so, I've gone to the Fields park a few times with some other sketchers.  I mostly sketched from inside Ovation.  Lots of people, quick sketching, trying to fill up the sketchbook.





A few weeks ago, I went with Drink and Draw to ^H, a new hacker space at 7600 N. Interstate. After drawing some people, I started drawing the fun geeky stuff they have there.



Mission accomplished - that sketchbook is full!

3 comments:

  1. Love your landscape in colored markers! The strong shadows speak to the bright sunny day and add such drama to the composition. I kind of like the bleeding that happens where the pale green overlaps the gray, actually--softening it in a potentially interesting/useful way, once one expects that effect? Great seeing you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work there has been some good sketching weather in Portland recently! I am a urban sketcher/ watercolor artist in Portland and hope to meet up for one of the sketch outings

    Cheers,
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Katura and Phil! Yes please join us, Phil! Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete