Saturday, February 14, 2015

The Fields on a very Spring-like February day

Many thanks to Deb for organizing a sketch gathering today! I didn't want the sun in my eyes, so I worked on the Fremont bridge and lots of quick sketches of the people and pets enjoying the grassy field. Plus one more little plant sketch, because this is what always catches my eye.  

I decided to risk it and sketch with a nib and an inkwell, but it took forever to dry, and the worry of spilling was pretty distracting, so it may be a while before I try it again. 

There were lots of great views of construction, so I'll have to go back again. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to sketching with all of you in a week in the Beaumont neighborhood! 

Meadow




1 comment:

  1. It's nice to see these again, Meadow. Your sketches sum up a lot of what we saw today: the changing sky, the graceful bridge, the activities in the park, and the
    wonderful (if early) signs of spring. It was a very fun day and I look forward to seeing you and the others next week for more!

    ReplyDelete