Saturday, September 20, 2014

A Terrific Sketchcrawl on the Waterfront

We couldn't have had a more perfect day for sketching in Portland today. It was great to have the large turnout today, too. I hope that the newcomers will keep returning because it was fun to see the variety of sketches and get to talk to some of the sketchers. I also hope that folks will post their work, because we all love to look at pictures.

In order to get the ball rolling, here are a couple of my sketches from today. (Ink on the first one, watercolor then ink on the next.)



I've been in a sketching slump lately and although I haven't climbed out of it, I at least didn't rip any pages out of my book today. The sunshine, the view, and the enthusiasm of my fellow sketchers must all have helped!


4 comments:

  1. The people studies are good...but I really like the buildings (surprise). With just a suggestion of the architectural detail they believably sit in that landscape!
    A great sketching ay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I especially like the sketcher sitting the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sketcher in the grass somehow looks like Bill. Is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, Susan, it wasn't Bill. It was another sketcher, David.

    ReplyDelete