Sunday, January 26, 2014

Weekend Sketching

It was a beautiful, cold, sunny day in Portland today, so I decided to sketch some winter trees.

This view was from the cozy cafe, Behind the Museum, where I sketched while drinking a latte and nibbling on fruit cake.


Then I did a quick sketch of the same tree seen from the plaza between the two buildings of the art museum.


Sitting on a bench in the park blocks, this view between two buildings caught my eye.



And now for something completely different: If you were at the convention center sketching with the Urban Sketchers yesterday, you might recognize these images. 



3 comments:

  1. I like the trees in 3 different settings, a cityscape, a focal point, and then the dramatic between buildings. And the costumes are pretty fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on those trees, Vicky. And good job catching those costumed people.

    ReplyDelete