Sunday, June 16, 2019

Yet More Bridges

I joined up with yesterday's sketchcrawl at Reed College.  I started out by heading down to Reed Lake and sketching the bridge from underneath, to get a workout in doing curvy things in perspective.

Then I went on a stroll around the lake, stopping once to do a study of a tree trunk.
I couldn't stay for lunch, but had to run to Union Station. But before my train left I had time for a quick sketch of the pedestrian bridge behind the station.

And then, this afternoon, I had a little bit of time to spare at King Street Station in Seattle.  I wanted to do its pedestrian bridge, but couldn't find a good view of it, so I strolled around the stadium complex.  And found a section of the Alaska Way Viaduct still standing.  With a marvelous little wedge of a historical (unreinforced masonary) building in front of it.


1 comment:

  1. Farewell Alaska Way Viaduct, bastion of old Seattle. You were ugly, but you will be missed.

    ReplyDelete