Sunday, December 23, 2012

Taking Time to Sketch

The cookies are baked, the gifts are nearly ready, the tree is decorated and we're playing carols, so there's finally time to sit down and sketch a bit! Not only does it feel good to play around with ink and paint, but I think I really need to do this...maybe especially when things are hectic or I need to find that little bit of serenity and absorption in the moment. 
I know it's the same for some of you, so my wish for you all, my sketching friends, is hope, love, a bit of joy now and then, and many opportunities to do what brings you happiness and contentment.


I look forward to sketching with you (and practicing Spanish with you)  in the new year. Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so beautiful. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really nice sentiment. Thanks Vicky. I wish the same to you. Many sketchy days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love It! The color balance is right on Vicky. And you are on target about the need to sit and sketch and center in this hectic time....wishing you all the best and looking forward to more sketching in 2013. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ¡Que bonita! Feliz navidad, y próspero año nuevo, mi amiga.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Andrea, and Marco, and Deb, and Katura! Feliz navidad, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely! Happy new year, Vicky, and I hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete