Friday, November 9, 2012

The Body Beautiful...at PDX Art Museum

Talk about challenging......so here I am sitting among what is considered by all to be the epitome of beauty in art...and attempting to imitate that in a sketch! Or to at least sketch it to have the look of something recognizable. Does this seem reasonable? What was I thinking??

Anyway, here are my attempts. I eventually got to the point where it turned fun and the evening turned out pretty well overall.


A potpourri of images

The quintessential beautiful male body

I was intrigued by the simple line work of the Amphoras
I really liked this image of 'the body beautiful' from 2600-2400 BC ...I felt it put it all in place for the other works in the exhibit.
The information in the galleries was well presented but there was so much to take in.....it will need another session.

4 comments:

  1. Deb, I think you did a really fine job with the difficult subject matter. I've been there three times and plan to go back for more. I know just where you were standing for some of those views. I forgot to mention that it's probably a good idea to take a book light.( Carrie had one the other day.) The statues are well lit, but it's sometimes hard to see the sketchbook.
    Thanks for posting these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff! I look forward to getting over to visit this exhibit, especially seeing what wonderful things you've drawn here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wanna say that beauty brings beauty and your work is expressing the same things to us. I think what people do life is related to art but it's all about how much you care with your creativity. I prefer fine art much and always look for new ideas which can enhance my knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your fine comments. And, I want to return and do more with these remarkable works of art.

    ReplyDelete