Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ecotrust Building 2-21-11

Here's the sketch I did at the Ecotrust building yesterday, unfinished. This was a real challenge, trying to get the perspective correct, and now I notice that my wooden pillars are all at different angles! I think that the saying, "I can't be an artist, I can't even draw a straight line!" is hilarious!
Obviously, I can't draw a straight line either! Very cool old brick building, with raw wooden pillars and rafters, and I loved the old wood floor. If I actually finish this piece I will post that version too!

3 comments:

  1. Karlene, since you drew attention to the pillars I can see they aren't parallel but as a sketch the variability just gives it the charm of a hand-made drawing, doesn't look "wrong" at all! Actually because the pillars seem to radiate out from the people a little bit, it kind of points to them as the focus of the drawing, which is also backed up by placement of warm colors on the woman's shirt & the chairs. See, it all seems very intentional :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the sense of space that you created in this sketch. It's an interesting and pleasing composition.

    ReplyDelete