Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Cinco de Mayo and the train

What a great day of sketching! Thanks for making me feel so welcome Deb, Ellie, and Ali. Because I rode the bus/train up from Albany, I decided to capture the story of my whole day. I used different tools and techniques and my secondary goal was to fill my accordion sketchbook. Here are some excerpts:


 


Then, after sketching at a bar (Bailey’s Taproom), I got on the 6pm train to head south, and that’s when the fun began. I not only filled both sides of my sketchbook, but filled in both sides of a second book I had with me. I call it ‘take a line for a walk’. It’s speed sketching at it’s best. And I’m not typically a fast sketcher.




I added color at home.I had completely worn out my hands while sketching. A great day and will take the train again! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. the idea that you can fill an entire concertina book, both sides, between Portland and Albany with a day in Portland simply blow my mind. Lovely work! I don't find your name on this post.

    ReplyDelete