Sunday, August 19, 2018

Sketchcrawl in the neighborhood

Gregg was coming down from Seattle for the weekend, so Vicky organized a special sketchcrawl for him, in my neighborhood.

Most people headed towards Trinity Cathedral.  But I'd done the red doors (or at least one of them) recently and headed the other way, to William Temple House.  And, seeing how Oliver lived only next door, I stopped by to see if he was receiving visitors.  And he was.  In fact, he climbed up into my lap and took a nap.  And so, instead of sketching William Temple House, I sketched Oliver.


I got done with that before he showed any sign of getting up, so I picked the second most interesting thing I could see - the entrance to the apartment building across the street.


Halfway through that a black cat tried to sneak into Oliver's territory, and he had to get off my lap to evict him.  And then Kalina and John and John's dog, Trevor, showed up, looking for sketchers.  For Gregg in particular.  We chatted for a bit and I scratched the dog's ears, and then they went off towards Trinity.  And Oliver, who had been lurking nearby, came out and gave me a right what-for for having paid attention to a mere dog.  And climbed back up into my lap.

When I was done with the second sketch, and had shifted the cat, I wandered over to Trinity myself, and had time to do a quick sketch of the northeast corner of the cathedral.




No comments:

Post a Comment