Start sharpening your pencils! Here's a reminder of the upcoming Urban Sketchers events in our area.
Update! A heap of people are out of town on Saturday May 18, so we are cancelling that meet-up and re-scheduling the May sketchcrawl for Saturday, May 11. Join us to sketch National Train Day!
Saturday, May 18: Ikea! 10280 NE Cascades Pkwy. Meet in the on-site restaurant on the second floor. (Go up the main escalator and take a right.) 9:30 am Optional socializing & snacks 10 am -12 noon Sketch! Try not to get too lost in the jungle of housewares... 12-12:30 Meet to share sketches. 12:30 Optional lunch & socializing.
- Saturday, June 15: Bike and Sketch for Pedalpalooza!
- 9:30 a.m. Meet at Palio Desert and Espresso House, 1996 SE Ladd. Sketching and socializing and snacks. Folks are invited to come dressed as their favorite artists!
- 10 am: Depart via bicycle at casual, easy pace for a few more sketching stops in local neighborhoods.
- Ride will be a loop, aim to meet back at Palio around 11:45 to share sketches.
- Not into bikes? Feel free to hang out at Ladd Circle and greet/sketch the cyclists at both ends of the route, and sketch on your own in between.
- Saturday, July 20: Downtown waterfront!
And if you are in a traveling mood this summer:
- July 11-13: The 4th International Urban Sketching Symposium is taking place in Barcelona, Spain. The conference is officially sold out, but that doesn't mean you can't hang out at cafes and draw that lovely city on your own schedule!
- July 12-14: The 1st West Coast Urban Sketchers Sketchcrawl is a free event in the San Francisco Bay Area. No fees or workshops, the event is designed for meeting with new people and friends, and sketching together. A great alternative for those who can't make it to Barcelona!