Saturday, May 18, 2013

By Popular Demand....

I just wanted to share with you all a couple of the sketches/ paintings I've done of my new daughter, Abigail Jean Serido. I know it's not urban-ee, but I think we can make an exception just this once. Thanks for all of your kind words, and one of these days I'm sure I'll bring her along on a sketch crawl so you can meet her in person.

Abby's I'm hungry face, casein in Holbein watercolor sketchbook

The Sleeping Baby, watercolor in Holbein watercolor sketchbook

3 comments:

  1. These are wonderful, wonderful portraits! Thank you for posting them! The richness of the color in the skin tones, and the excellent emotion captured on her face in each sketch--very moving and inspiring.

    (And, I daresay one of the key components of an urban environment is the people who live there...So welcome to Portland, tiny new human!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great. I love the contrast between the two - the primal style of the first, and the delicate style of the second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely. the second one is so tender ... congratulations:)

    ReplyDelete