Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Voodoo 2 and that impossible pink

The Sketching group gathered at Voodoo 2 last Saturday to explore sketching in the LoBu area (lower Burnside). My time was short and so I stayed at Voodoo 2 and did these three sketches. Other sketchers took the opportunity to go inside the Bottling Company which I hope they will post.
In each sketch it was challenging to get that bubble gum pink so typical at Voodoo Donuts!

Watercolor and non waterproof ink

Watercolor and non waterproof ink

I continue to try out my new Kahdi paper sketchbooks. This time with the larger sketchbook I tackled the Voodoo 2 building. It didn't work out so well. The paper seemed to have too much sizing on it so that the watercolor just sat on top and didn't flow. It was the first page of this book so the other sheets may be better but it made the sketch a struggle compared to the one I posted before.

Watercolor and non waterproof ink on Kahdi paper (8"x8" approx)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Deb, I love everything about this! Your lines are wonderful.

    I wanted to let you know - when I get the Urban Sketchers email in my inbox, it has your lovely drawings, but it doesn't say who the artist is anywhere in the email. I click on it, and of course it takes me to this webpage, and I can see who the artists are, but I'm not sure if everyone clicks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathleen thanks. I am not sure about all of the ins and outs of the Urban sketchers email notices......but I will mention this to our admin people here in Portland to see what they say.
      Thanks again for taking the time to visit! deb

      Delete