Monday, March 9, 2015

St. Mary’s Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception

I’ve approached these buildings at 17th and David , which are part of the St. Mary’s Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception complex, dozens of times.  Needing a break from our business bidding I stole away to sit in the car (easier to lay watercolors out) and do two sketches.  It was nice to be able to see the buildings without the tree leaves!




Next time I will take the time to tackle the brickwork texture; almost no time this round.

I admit to having never seen the church entrance, as I like the tower and the round shape of the building next to it.  A little bit of Italy in Oregon . . .

Drawn in an Strathmore Mixed Media journal with Pentalic HB pencil, various pens including the Platinum Carbon Pen + ink, and with De Artramentis Document ink (black), and Daniel Smith watercolors.

No comments:

Post a Comment