|Hello, bell tower!|
Meet at 10 am at the Bauccio Commons, a cafe & hangout space with a lovely big fireplace and picture windows that look out towards the campus chapel. Coffee and snacks are easily available. At 10:30 we'll scatter to sketch, then regroup at the Commons at 12:30 to share what we've drawn. (And, there's the option to grab lunch at the Commons as well if folks are hungry.)
* Update! We're going to do a techniques-sharing session after lunch, around 1:00 in the Commons. "Fountain Pens 101" - Please bring any fountain pens you'd like to talk about, and we'll do some demos and discuss issues & maintenance. Kalina will facilitate, but we're hoping everyone chips in with insights, techniques, suggestions and questions.
|The Commons--big picture windows and a nice fireplace inside.|
A few tips for getting there...
Printable campus map available here.
Google Map of area here.
- All of the "general" parking areas are fair game on the weekends, you don't need a permit. Street parking is fine too. Campus security is keen on making sure folks park facing the correct direction, so do pay heed to signs along those lines.
- There are a number of bus routes that will get you to the University of Portland campus. (Route 35 has it's final stop right on campus, and Route 44 and Route 75 will get you darned close too.)
- TriMet.org is a great place to plan your transit! Enter your start point and type "University of Portland" as the end point, and it will give you a list of options.
- North Willamette Blvd has nice bike lanes and lovely views out over the bluff towards the river. As you'd expect, the campus has plenty of bike racks scattered around.
|Click to enlare--notes on where to meet, bus stops, etc.|