Affectionately known as "Pill Hill," the Oregon Health and Science University is perched above the south riverfront and offers both a spectacular view over the city and a fascinating blend of modern buildings with forested hillsides. On a clear day, the balcony near the aerial tram gives you a view of both Mount Hood and Mount Saint Helens.
The ride up the Portland Aerial Tram (which costs $4 to go up, and is free on the downhill journey) is a popular tourist attraction on the weekends, as well as a main conduit for staff and students to get to the teaching hospital. We trust you to use your common sense sense while on this sketchcrawl--there may be patients and their families around the building, so if someone seems uncomfortable with your presence in one area, do graciously scoot to another scenic location.
- Meet at the base of hill, at Rilassi Coffee House, 3580 SW River Pkwy.
- 9:30 a.m. Optional socializing & snacks.
- 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Go sketch! (Take the aerial tram up to Pill Hill, or feel free to stay down on the waterfront if you prefer).
- 1 p.m. Meet to share sketches at Bambooza Vietnam Bistro, 3682 SW Bond Avenue.
- 1:30 p.m. Optional lunch & socializing.