Monday, January 24, 2011

Schnitzer's Portland sign

Sketching outside today was a bit of a challenge. I stuck it out for almost an hour doing this drawing of the 'Portland' sign on the Schnitzer. I would have finished it but I just got too cold and sought the warm of inside. I joined several other sketchers inside the Performing Arts Center and tackled the Portland sign again. After a nice lunch the sun was out so I decided to give it a go again and went to South Park Blocks to see the Shemanski Fountain. Alanna and I found a sunny spot to sketch and it was great until the sun went away..... or behind a building.
I am enjoying the challenge of doing these small sketches in ink. They are quick and like little snapshots.




3 comments:

  1. Deb, these are wonderful and you got so much done! You picked great colors for the Schnitzer. That should definitely be included in your Portland book that I hope you will publish some day.
    I especially like the south park sketches. You really captured the feel of those park blocks. I'm always impressed when sketches make me feel like I'm there--and these do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just delightful, Deb! Your sketches convey a lot of Portland 'atmosphere'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are terrific! I especially like the Shemanski fountain, you really captured it!

    ReplyDelete