Friday, August 29, 2014

Sketching at the 'Fields' in NW Portland

Am trying to get out as much as possible to sketch and squash down those feelings of envy viewing the posts from Paraty (usk symposium in Brazil)....Vicky and I met at the Fields in the Pearl for a morning of sketchng.
It is a great spot with all of the construction going on and those ubiquitous cranes in the air...love it!

Watercolor and non waterproof ink

playing around with this split panoramic view- watercolor and non waterproof ink
 Not sure what Vicky meant about comparing the scenes since we all know that no two sketchers ever do the same scene alike! And that is the fun of it.


 The next day I was in Portland again. Checked out the setting up at the Art in the Pearl and did a couple of sketches around there.

watercolor and non waterproof ink


Non waterproof ink and waterbrush

There are a couple more sketches from these two days on my blog.
http://www.reason2draw.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Your limited palette of water colors with the non-water proof ink is really working for you. Really pleasing compositions too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janene. I have been having fun getting out there lately and some of these are working out OK.
    Vicky brought up that color palette also and took a photo of me with my sketches....the colors were repeated in my shirt too!

    ReplyDelete