Sunday, February 17, 2013

NW Portland Sketching

On Saturday we met up at Kiva Tea Bar and Spa before dispersing throughout Northwest Portland to sketch and paint. There was about 15 or so sketchers enjoying some coffee and tea all the while, drawing each other. I managed to get a couple quick sketches in while I ate some delicious chocolate almond butter on toast. After leaving, I took the car up to a side street and parked it with a good view of the ridge that sits above Northwest. Managed to get down a pretty good sketch of this scenic vista before regrouping at Kenny and Zukes to look at everyone's sketches. It was great fun looking through everyone's books and meeting some new sketchers. I hope to see you all again soon.




3 comments:

  1. I love that hillside especially--and nice cropping on it. I hope you do more of these. Such nice lines on this and your people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful hillside - somehow I missed seeing that at Kenny & Zuke's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you have created this hillside scene on the pre-colored paper...it has a real sense of place to it.

    ReplyDelete