Sunday, June 17, 2012

Scavenger Hunt: Fountain

Keller Fountain, as visited with the sketchers during Saturday's sketchcrawl. I focused on trying to emphasize the square shapes and the light hitting the water.  Drawing this made me think about how it would be nice to spend some time with good drawings of trees, and maybe try out some new approaches.  These trees could have been portrayed in a much simpler style, but I flailed a bit and made them very complicated.

It was great seeing the sketchers in the sunshine, instead of huddled against the wind and rain, or hiding out in cafes!


:-

4 comments:

  1. Kalina, I see this as a very effective technique to render the waterfall there. Nicely done. I was almost going to make but being out of town all week and then having company Sat afternoon made the day too rushed for me. Glad y'all had a good day of it. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sense of water that you have achieved in this drawing...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've pulled the tree-greens down into the water. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This unique vantage point communicates the rushing water well...and the colors are great!

    ReplyDelete