Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Musician

A serendipitous encounter with a musician friend of mine at an open mic event at the Raccoon Lodge while drinking the most ridiculous bloody mary I've ever had. It pays to carry a sketchbook with you at all times I guess. These are done in a little pocket size jammer I won spinning the prize wheel at Blick. I have to admit to doing some of the coloring off site. Shane is an awesome musician, and it was a pleasure sketching him whilst he played his sweet sounds. I hope to do it again sometime.
Photoshopped 3 sketchbook pages together. One musician done 3 different ways. Shane Brown rocking out at the Raccoon Lodge. Gouache, pen and watercolor in Canson Mixed Media Sketchbook.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! What a fun little trio of sketches, each giving a new angle, a new pose...the feeling of scooting your chair closer to the stage because you like the music comes through in my mind.

    ReplyDelete