It's Cherry Blossom time again Tom McCall Waterfront Park. We may catch the cherry blossoms in full bloom, if we go a week earlier in the month. Blooms or no, we still have Ankeny Fountain, Saturday Market, and Old Town/Chinatown nearby. Then another cool opportunity at the Lan Su Chinese Garden!
- 10:00am - Meet at Floyd's Coffee (118 NW Couch St.) for coffee, snacks, and socializing.
- 10:30am - Sketch along the waterfront around the Japanese American Historical Plaza (near the intersection of Couch and Naito) from 10-noon.
- 12:00noon - Optional lunch at Old Town Pizza (226 NW Davis St.) If it's warm and dry enough we can grab food from the Saturday Market, and meet/eat outside by the Japanese American Historical Plaza.
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm - Lan Su Classical Chinese Garden: Optional "Meet the Artist" event with our own Janene Walkky! Kalina will bring a bunch of guest passes for the Garden to share with us.
Let's send off Katura Reynolds in sketching style. We already miss our former organizer now that she is moving to Seattle. Many hugs and well-wishing for our darling Katura.
- 10:00am - Meet at Tabor Bread (5051 SE Hawthorne Blvd) for coffee, snacks, and socializing.
- 10:30am - Sketch at the Mt. Tabor playground. We'll walk over together. We'll sketch the kiddos, the trees, the playground.
- 12:00noon - Optional lunch and sketchbook sharing. BYO.
With so many critical things happening politically right now, it is good to know where government functions are, and to sketch them. There are a lot of government buildings clustered around this spot. We will sketch around Lownsdale Square, at SW 3rd and Main, near the Elk Statue. If there is a protest that day, we can sketch that too.
- 10:00am - Meet at Good Earth Cafe (1136 SW 3rd Ave) for coffee, snacks, and socializing.
- 10:30am - Sketch government buildings, statues, cars, and possible protesters.
- 12:00noon - Optional lunch and sketchbook sharing at Gandhi Indian Restaurant (710 SW 2nd Ave).