Saturday, January 21, 2017

Jan. 21 2017 Portland Women's March

Despite the crowds and rain I did get a few sketches in today. I don't usually put people in my sketches but for this I psyched myself with a look through Gabi's People in Motion Urban Sketchers book. And the event was all about the people!
It paid off for the most part....although I feel some of the sketches are incomplete.

pre colored with watercolor- ink

non waterproof ink

pre colored with watercolor- ink

Pre colored with watercolor- ink

Pre colored paper with watercolor- ink

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful sketches! We lucked out -- no rain up north! More power to you for sketching and marching in the rain!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sketches are wonderful!!! I love the colors and how you make them come alive with that urban feel~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I managed to make it to the march but had other obligations before hand that meant that I couldn't make it to the sketching meetup - but one of these days I will! I've been trying since September but life keep getting in the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I appreciate all of your comments. It was an awesome experience. I had intended to stay just a bit but found the scene so exhilarating that I stayed for several hours. Eventually I could not get a 'better' view of the crowd and got to cold to continue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these sketches. Reminds me as if Dufy were an urban sketcher.

    ReplyDelete