Saturday, October 18. Let's enjoy the beautiful fall colors at PSU!
- 9:30 am: Meet at Revolucion Coffee for coffee and/or tea: 1432 SW 6th, Portland.
- 10 am: Sketch the farmer's market, Walk of the Heroines, libraries, musicians, dogs, people, flowers, and/or coffee.
- 12 noon: Optional sketchbook sharing - if the weather is good, pick up lunch from the farmer's market and meet at the Walk of the Heroines (SW Montgomery and SW 11th). If the weather is bad, let's still pick up lunch and meet inside the Smith Student Center cafeteria area, between SW Montgomery & SW Harrison on SW Park, just below grade level.
The Big Draw at PNCA
1241 NW Johnson St, Portland, OR 97209
Saturday, October 25
Continuing Education at Pacific Northwest College of Art invites us to join in on Saturday, October 25, 11-2pm, for The Big Draw, Portland’s companion event to the world’s biggest drawing festival by that name, http://www.thebigdraw.org/. Be part of a fun family event, get moving with giant crayons and make your mark!
There will be activities for ages 4-99 including drawing with pencils and pastels, with vegetable colors and threads and drawing as observation and as performance. As the event unfolds, our individual and collaborative drawings will intersect the campus commons in myriad lines and shapes. Come and reframe the expectations of drawing with your mark-making at The Big Draw.
The event is open and free to the general public. All ages are welcome!
November Sketchcrawl: Lumberyard Bike Park
2700 NE 82nd Ave, Portland, OR 97220
Saturday, November 15
- 9:30 am: Meet at Lumberyard Bike Park PUB/RESTAURANT for snacks.
- 10 am: Sketch people doing bike tricks.
- 12 noon: Optional sketchbook sharing / lunch - gather up at the pub/restaurant.
December Sketchcrawl: Downtown Central Library
Saturday, December 13
I propose we do December on the 2nd Saturday to avoid the holiday crush.
- 9:30 am: Meet at Case Study Coffee for coffee and/or snacks: 802 SW 10th.
- 10 am: Sketch the Central Public Library, inside or out, whatever suits you: 801 SW 10th.
- 12 noon: Optional sketchbook sharing and lunch - Kale (Japanese comfort food, very simple menu): 900 SW Morrison.