Saturday, September 20, 2014

waterfront sketchcrawl

It was great to have such a large group for the sketchcrawl today, and I'm bummed I didn't arrive in time to meet up beforehand for coffee. 

I often bike over the Hawthorne bridge, but I don't often get a good look at it, so today was a great chance to notice some of the details that I miss in transit.



I'm not used to attempting such a large field of view, so I took a break with some smaller sketches..








...and then attempted to bridge one more time in the last 20 minutes.

I still didn't get the whole bridge in -- now I understand why it always seems to take so long to cross. 

Thanks for another great sketchcrawl and getting me outside on such a lovely morning!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love the little boats, and the vignette of the solitary, fiery tree. Like you, I'm learning to look for the wider view, but I am drawn to the small ones.

    ReplyDelete