Saturday, September 27, 2014

sketching on Saturday

The day wasn't as nice as those weather people predicted....the predicted sun did not come out until the afternoon.  So the morning was grey and cool...cool enough to feel it after being out for a while.
But the sketching turned out to be good and three other sketchers joined me. So good conversation and good sharing.

I didn't make it to sketch the Multnomah Library's 150th Birthday celebrations as I stayed near the Guild Theatre for these two sketches.

watercolor and ink

non waterproof ink (Noodlers Kiowa Pecan) and a little watercolor



3 comments:

  1. An appropriately autumnnal palette! I love what you did with the trees as negative space in the second sketch, and the perspective in the first sketch really draws me into the neighborhood. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like the Guild Theater sketch: the perspective of the sidewalk and particularly of the cars. It's a great composition. In the 2nd one, I'm still drawn to the repeating curves throughout. Both are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Katura and Vicky. I didn't notice all of the curves until you and Janene pointed it out. Will have to work on noticing those sorts of things myself...to enhance or exaggerate maybe??

    ReplyDelete