Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Barcelona Symposium

Here are a few sketches from the wonderful symposium in Barcelona. If you want to see more, there are three posts (before, during, and after symposium) on my blog http://draw2c.blogspot.com

The Sagrada Familia, from the first sketch crawl...


The market, from a workshop with Ea and Marina...

A church, from the workshop with Inma...



Some fellow sketchers and Lynne Chapman, (who I could never sketch accurately because she's in constant motion:)...


and the final sketchcrawl at the Arc de Triomf...


In my workshops, I tried for a looser style. Can you tell?

The symposium was a fantastic opportunity and I will treasure the memories of the lovely people and the beautiful city. 




5 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky, I see myself in with Isabelle and Lynn on our sweet stop for a break on our way to the Arc d Triomphe. I hope to see you at the next one.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you could recognize yourself, Judith--or maybe it was the name tag.
    Yes, I hope to see you at the next one, too. What an experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicky, this is a great little synopsis of the symposium. Your sketches are light and wonderful...and yes, I can see a looser style. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Deb. Can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to see you dabbling in this looser style! I love the feeling you captured in the Sagrada Familia sketch especially; the loose, flowing lines and brushstrokes really bring out the organic structure of the building itself. Glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete