Saturday, April 17, 2021

Just Three

It's spring and I thought that those endearing and pesky robins who wake me up at dawn would be the perfect thing to sketch with just three colors. Black for their wings and outline, a dash of orange, and green as the background for the lawns where they hunt worms.

But when my sketchbook came out, they suddenly became elusive, or were at the top of the trees. It wasn't fun to sketch a speck. Next, I moved on to my neighbor's house, but their Victorian just looked flat with three colors.

While sitting in a local park, I noticed a sunbather on a hillside of grass blocking out a confusing background. I made a quick sketch and splashed on some green watercolor. Messy it is, but I think it captures the moment of inspiration.

-Bruce



No comments:

Post a Comment