Sunday, October 11, 2020

End of the Season

I was lucky to spend a few days exploring the backcountry near the Breitenbush River, just north of Mt Jefferson this summer. Now much of that area has been scorched by the Beachie Creek Fire. I empathize with the people who lost their homes and livelihoods.


Being deep in the woods, away from most other people, I relaxed. I stared contentedly into the treetops, I strolled across wilderness meadows and took my time sketching little details in the long, long days of an Oregon summer.


As the lazy days of outdoor sketching come to a close, or at least require a more strategic approach to stay dry, I'm already looking forward to spring. I can't wait to see and draw how nature bounces back, and hoping that I can be resilient too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment