Sunday, May 5, 2019

Cinco de Mayo Festival sketching

What a challenge!
I met with Ellie, Ali, and Lauren from Corvallis to tackle the crowds and activities down at the waterfront today.
It was a little overwhelming but also colorful and exciting...... so many choices to sketch. However I chose to pick my sketch views based on the criteria of wanting to be in the shade.

This shady alley of fun games came with the cries of the Carneys and an occasional pop of a balloon or clang against at metal backdrop when the target was missed. Saw a few people take home some prizes though.

 When we gathered to share our sketches Lauren commented that I had not put any people in the above sketch.....oh, how easy it is to out me!
So, after a hearty Mexican lunch I attacked another carnival view with a few 'sketchy' people!


Another view of the carnival activity.....with people. Hardly representative of the crowds however.

A nice day to sketch with some of our regular sketchers and to meet Lauren.

No comments:

Post a Comment