Saturday, July 21, 2018

Rail Museum and Oaks Bottom

I grabbed an orange bike to get to the Tilikum Bridge, which meant I got there way early.  Early enough to start with a sketch of the streetcar bridge over the RR tracks.
Headed towards the rail museum, looking for another sketch.  But found that the other sketchers were already collecting.  So I chatted for a bit, and then, leaning against the fence (with the westbound MAXes passing a foot behind my head) I did a car and caboose parked in front of the museum.
By the time that was done the museum was open.  We went in and browsed a bit, then most of us got on the excursion train to Selwood, leaving only Deb to work her way through the old engines being refurbished in the museum.

We put-putted our way down along the Springwater Corridor getting  off at Oaks Bottom, and I found my way into the amusement park.  And was drawn to their new roller-coaster, the Adrenaline Peak.
It's a short ride, but an intense one, with the passengers being shot up and down and around and twisting about in a corkscrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment