Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Storm recovery - persimmon

I gotta admit that I cheated.  I didn't do this one from life, but from a photo that I took on Sunday when the sun was out for five minutes.  (Which was lucky, as Monday's windstorm blew at least one of those leaves off the tree.)

This is obviously not the same variety as the big tree at 25th and Savier, but looks to be the same as the persimmon tree in the Chinese Garden.  Where the plaque says that the fruit won't be ripe until December. 

And when I said that the storm recovery was finally complete?  Well, I lied.  One section of the new sidewalk isn't quite up to code and will have to be redone.  Sometime.  The company is lining up all of their ducks, with one eye on the weather forecast.  My hope is that it gets done before the anniversary of the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment