Monday, May 19, 2014

Milwaukie Sketchcrawl

A wonderful sketching session with lots of new and regular sketchers. Seemed like the weather cooperated and I spent my time outside sketching. Started with a couple of thumbnails to get warmed up. I know this is supposed to help but most times the thumbnails don't seem to have much to do with the resulting sketch.....but then maybe I am missing something.
Ink and watercolor

Ink














First on the agenda was to visit the corner store that still has it's soda fountain intact (we had to ask a local to direct us to it). Although it is no longer a drugstore but a Collector's Mall it was still fun to see the old fashioned soda counter and stools done up in Turquoise....A treat!

Ink and watercolor

Ink and watercolor

Ink and watercolor

4 comments:

  1. I always like seeing your use of color splashes here and there in your sketches--really neat choices on what you leave in linework and what you paint. The red and blue ink are also makes for built-in accent colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katura. I like the instant accent colors too...but am still playing and workin' it out....got to do more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like these very much, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see these (having missed the post-sketch review over lunch).

    ReplyDelete