Friday, July 29, 2011

White Eagle Saloon, N Russell & N Mississippi

Vicky and I were starting our sketches of the White Eagle Saloon when a car parked and blocked our view....some poor planning on our part but we kind of felt that he could have chosen another parking spot one car back. Oh well! This drawing was well enough along to feel OK about it in this state. I then added a map of the site...I have been wanting to do something with maps for some time. It didn't exactly turn out as I'd hoped but the idea is still gelling and so there will be other opportunities.


I loved the area around N Russell and think it has lots of potential so I will be going back there to explore some more. All told a 'good day'.

3 comments:

  1. Deb--You got much further with your White Eagle sketch than I managed to before our view was blocked. I'll have to speed up! I really like what you're doing with the sketch and corresponding map--especially the 3d aspect that is unique. It will be interesting to see where you go with that.
    As always, I love the color blocking washes that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vicky. After seeing Alanna's work from the conference I am all fired up to feel that challenge of doing something a little different! Can't wait to see Linda and Gregg's stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the map and bldg elevation format. An idea I'll try. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete