Sunday, March 21, 2010

Portland Farmers Market-PSU

South Park blocks at Portland Sate University hosts the Farmers Market twice a week during the growing season - Saturdays till two and Wednesdays around the lunch hours.  I missed my fellow sketch mates (Alana and Kalina) but it was so crowded Saturday. The sun was so welcome, found a bench close to the little music stage and sketched along to acoustic tunes for an hour and a half.  Need to get there much earlier next time. Such a pleasant day in Portland, Oregon!
Carrie

5 comments:

  1. You beautifully captured the festive, busy atmosphere of the downtown Farmer's Market!. Wonderful colors in this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie,
    We must have been really close! We were right near the music stage too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! You caught the color, depth, & liveliness without getting bogged down in overwhelming amounts of detail.

    Sorry we missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you guys. I did get pretty engrossed in the drawing part. Wish I would have seen you.
    Next time... I have my own blog but I just realized I should have put a link to this one there; I'll do it in the morning.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete